Highlights from SABCS 2020
The management of breast cancer is rapidly evolving. New data was shared during the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS 2020) in December 2020. A one-size-fits-all approach to treat breast cancer is insufficient, and there is a need for personalized medicine based on patient and disease characteristics. A number of potentially practice-changing abstracts were presented at SABCS 2020, a major international breast cancer meeting. This educational activity features in-depth discussions and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in breast cancer treatment. Expert faculty will place key abstract findings from SABCS 2020 annual meeting into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care.
Tis live-streamed webcast offers education to augment healthcare providers’ foundation of knowledge and clinical competence in several areas, including:
- Integrating predictive and/or prognostic markers in management of breast cancer
- Current and evolving paradigms in the treatment of breast cancer
- Trends, challenges, and controversies in the management of breast cancer
Registration is free for healthcare providers who are NOT employees of ACCME defined ineligible companies (An ineligible company is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients with the exception of hospitals and facilities that provide direct care to patients). Please proceed to registration and select "non-industry learner" if you are a healthcare provider involved in patient care and are not an employee of an ineligible company.
If you are an employee of an ineligible company, please select "industry representative" and pay the industry registration fee when registering for this course.
- Identify the role of novel molecular abnormalities, prognostic markers, and risk factors in breast cancer pathogenesis, risk of recurrences, and their implications on breast cancer prevention and management.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials evaluating novel strategies for the management of breast cancer.
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact breast cancer management.
- Review the application of emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for the treatment of breast cancer.
All times are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST)
February 21, 2021
Moderator – Dr. Fengting Yan
7:30 – 7:45 am PST
Attendance & Exhibits
7:45 – 7:55 am PST
Welcome & Program overview
8:00 - 8:25 am PST
Updates in basic and translational research - Dr. Mark Pegram
8:25- 8:50 am PST
|Updates in ER+ breast cancer - Dr. Hannah Linden|
8:50 - 9:00 am PST
9:00 - 9:20 am PST
Break & Exhibit presentations
9:20 - 9:45 am PST
Update in Her2+ breast cancer - Dr. Alvaro Moreno Aspitia
9:45 - 10:10 am PST
Updates in TNBC – Dr. Roberto Leon Ferre
10:10 - 10:20 am PST
10:20 - 11:20 am PST
|Case Presentations - Dr. Siddhartha Yadav|
This meeting is held virtually on Zoom. Register for the activity to participate.
Mark Pegram, MD
Professor of Medicine
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Siddhartha Yadav, MD
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Fengting Yan, MD, PhD
Swedish Cancer Institute, Seattle, WA
Hannah Linden, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Roberto Leon-Ferre, MD
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Alvaro Moreno Aspitia, MD, FAAP, FACP
Associate Professor of Medicine
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
No Members of this activity's planning committee or faculty have any relevant financial relationship with an ineligible entity with the exception of the following faculties:
- Dr. Mark Pegram: Consultant- Roche/Genentech, Novartis, Pfizer, AstraZeneca & Daiichi Sankyo.
- Dr. Hannah Linden: Research support/Grant – Eisai, Sanofi, Zentalis & Zionexa
- Dr. Roberto Leon-Ferre: Consultant: AstraZeneca
All relevant financial relationships of individuals in control of the content have been identified and mitigated.
DISCUSSION OF OFF LABEL PRODUCTS:
If any part of this activity will include the discussion of unapproved or investigational products, faculty discussing those products will clearly identify the product as investigational or not approved.
The following faculty will discuss off label or investigational products: Roberto Leon-Ferre, MD
Disclosure of commercial support:
This activity is supported with an independent education grant from Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.5 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
Nursing Contact Hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.5 Contact Hours.
ABSM Maintenance of Certificate Recognition Statement:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 2.5 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 0.00 Attendance
- 2.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.50 Contact Hours.
Please support this meeting by visiting our sponsors and exhibitors in the main exhibit breakout room during the exhibit presentations.
Please note that exhibit presentations are promotional materials separate from the accredited activities. These presentations are held in the exhibit breakout room during designated exhibit hours.
We encourage you to visit the main exhibit breakout room and each company's breakout rooms during exhibit and break hours.
The following Exhibitors will be making exhibit presentations during the exhibit hours:
|Company||Reps Presenting||Link to Exhibit Materials and Prescribing information||Contact Information|
|Eisai||Ash Samji||Click here to view and download|
|Pfizer||Tracy Budden||Click here to view Pfizer booth|
This activity is free for all healthcare providers who are not employees of an ineligible entity. Please select "non-industry learner" when you are ready to register for the course, and the price will reset to $0.
If you are a healthcare provider involved in patient care and you are not employed by the Industry, please register for the course here
If you are employed by industry, you must pay a registration fee to participate in these meetings. Any unpaid registrations will be invoiced $350 per participant. Sign up for this activity as an industry representative here
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity via Zoom, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.
This activity is free for all healthcare providers who are not employees of an ineligible entity.
No refunds will be issued if you are unable to attend the live meeting after enrollment.
This activitywill be held virtually on Zoom. You will need access to internet and a hardware such as a laptop or desktop computer or a mobile device with Zoom application installed.
For best audio-visual experience, please update your Zoom application before joining the meeting.