Webcast - Management of multiple myeloma: clinical updates from ASH2020 Annual Meeting
This CME-accredited activity “Management of multiple myeloma: clinical updates from ASH2020 Annual Meeting”, is an enduring activity featuring recorded videos from our live virtual meeting held on 3/20/2021.
Leading experts in the field of multiple myeloma provide a comprehensive overview of noteworthy data presented at the 62nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting in December of 2020. The program features in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in multiple myeloma treatment. Expert faculty place abstract findings into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care. This meeting allows those who seek a concise critical review, the opportunity to hear expert faculty review and place in context the highlights from the ASH2020 annual meeting, in a two-hour program.
- Self-paced learning environment
- Core competencies covered include patient care/patient-centered care, medical knowledge, system-based practice, and practice-based learning and improvement
- Enduring materials allow learners opportunities to learn at their convenience.
- Program topics can immediately be applied to clinical practice.
Registration is free for healthcare providers who are NOT employees of ACCME defined ineligible companies.
If you are a healthcare provider involved in patient care and are not an employee of an ineligible company, please proceed to registration and select "non-industry learner" and your fee will reset to $0.00.
An ineligible company is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients with the exception of hospitals and facilities that provide direct care to patients. If you are an employee of an ineligible company, please select "industry representative" and pay the industry registration fee when registering for this course.
If an industry representative is registered for this course without paying a fee, an additional penalty equal to the amount of registration fee will be assessed.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials evaluating novel strategies for the management of multiple myeloma
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact multiple myeloma management
- Review the application of emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Multiple Myeloma – Diagnosis and Staging (25 Minutes)
- Treatment of transplant eligible patients (25 Minutes)
- Discussion (20 Minutes)
- Treatment of elderly patients (25 Minutes)
- Treatment of relapsed myeloma (25 Minutes)
ANDREW COWAN, MD
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA
LUCIANO COSTA, MD, PHD
Professor of Medicine
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
SHAKIRA GRANT, MBBS
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
SHAJI KUMAR, MD
Professor of Medicine
Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
P HARI, MD, MRCP, MS
Professor of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Conflict of Interest Disclosures:
No Members of this activity's planning committee or faculty have any relevant financial relationship with an ineligible entity with the exception of the following faculties:
● Dr. P Hari: Consultant- GSK, Takeda, Karyopharm, Sanofi. Research support/Grant - Amgen, BMS, and Janssen
● Dr. Luciano Costa: Consultant- BMS, Karyopharm, & Sanofi. Research support/Grant - Amgen & Janssen
● Dr. Shaji Kumar: Research funding for clinical trials to the institution - Abbvie, Amgen, BMS, Carsgen, Janssen, KITE, Merck, Astra-Zeneca, Novartis, Roche-Genentech, Takeda, Tenebio. Consultant - Abbvie, Amgen, BMS, Janssen, Roche-Genentech, Takeda, KITE, Astra-Zeneca, Bluebird Bio, and (with personal payment) Oncopeptides, Beigene, Antagene.
● Dr. Andrew Cowan: Consultant - Janssen, Cellectar, Sanofi-Aventis. Grant/Research Support - Abbvie, Janssen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Nektar.
All relevant financial relationships of individuals in control of the content have been identified and mitigated.
DISCUSSION OF OFF LABEL PRODUCTS: If any part of this activity will include the discussion of unapproved or investigational products, faculty discussing those products will clearly identify the product as investigational or not approved.
Important Information about Claiming Continuing Education Credit for this activity:
If you participated in our live webinar on 3/20/2021 and claimed CME/CE credits and/or MOC points for that activity, you do not qualify for CME credits/MOC points for your participation in this enduring activity. This is a recorded content from that webinar on 3/20/2021.
The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.0 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
Nursing Contact Hours: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.0 Contact Hours.
ABSM Maintenance of Certificate Recognition Statement: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 2.0 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 0.00 Attendance
- 2.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.00 Contact Hours.
This activity is free for all healthcare providers who are not employees of an ineligible entity. Please select "non-industry learner" when you are ready to register for the course, and the price will reset to $0.
Healthcare providers ($0.00)
Industry employees ($200 + 3% Credit card fee)
If you are a healthcare provider involved in patient care and you are not employed by the Industry, please register for the course here
If you are employed by industry, you must pay a registration fee to participate in these meetings. Any unpaid registrations will be invoiced $350 per participant. Sign up for this activity as an industry representative here. If you paid to join the live meeting and wish to register for this enduring material please contact us and we will register you for free.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, watching the recorded content, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.
This activity is free for all healthcare providers who are not employees of an ineligible entity.
No refunds will be issued if you have started watching the recorded content.