Management of Multiple Myeloma: Clinical Updates from ASH20
This CME-accredited activity “Management of multiple myeloma: clinical updates from ASH2020 Annual Meeting”, is a live-streamed webcast and enduring activity featuring leading experts in the field of multiple myeloma who will provide a comprehensive overview of noteworthy data presented at the 62nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting in December of 2020. The program features in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in multiple myeloma treatment. Expert faculty will place abstract findings into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care. This meeting allows those who seek a concise critical review, the opportunity to hear expert faculty review and place in context the highlights from the ASH2020 annual meeting, in a two-hour program.
- Innovative and integrated learning environment
- Core competencies covered include patient care/patient-centered care, medical knowledge, system-based practice, and practice-based learning and improvement
- Livestream delivery method allows ample opportunities to network with colleagues and interact with faculties; enduring materials allow learners opportunities to learn at their convenience.
- Program topics can immediately be applied to clinical practice.
Registration is free for healthcare providers who are NOT employees of ACCME defined ineligible companies.
If you are a healthcare provider involved in patient care and are not an employee of an ineligible company, please proceed to registration and select "non-industry learner" and your fee will reset to $0.00.
An ineligible company is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients with the exception of hospitals and facilities that provide direct care to patients. If you are an employee of an ineligible company, please select "industry representative" and pay the industry registration fee when registering for this course.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials evaluating novel strategies for the management of multiple myeloma
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact multiple myeloma management
- Review the application of emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for the treatment of multiple myeloma
All times are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST)
March 28, 2021
Moderator: Dr. Andrew Cowan, Assistant Professor of Oncology at University of Washington School of Medicine
7:15 am PST – Zoom access opens (host will let you in)
7:15 - 7:35 am PST – Networking with peers
7:35 – 7:55 am PST – Binaytara Foundation updates - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Dr. Binay Shah
7:55 - 8:00 am PST - Welcome & faculty introduction - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Dr. Andrew Cowan
8:00 - 8:20 am PST - Treatment of Transplant Eligible Patients - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Faculty: Dr. Luciano Costa, Professor of Medicine at University of Alabama Birmingham
8:20 - 8:40 am PST - Treatment of elderly patients - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Faculty: Dr. Shakira Grant, Assistant Professor of Medicine at UNC Chapel Hill
8:40 - 9:00 am PST - Discussion - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Faculty: Dr. Shakira Grant & Dr. Luciano Costa
9:00 – 9:35 am PST - Break & Exhibits in the Exhibit Breakout Room
9:35 - 9:55 am PST - Treatment of Relapsed Myeloma - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Faculty: Dr. P. Hari, Professor of Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin
9:55 - 10:15 am PST - Multiple Myeloma – Diagnosis and Staging - (Location: Main Meeting Room)
Faculty: Dr. Shaji Kumar, Professor of Medicine at Mayo Clinic
10:15 – 10:35 am PST Discussion
This meeting is held virtually on Zoom. Register for the activity to participate.
Once you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email. However, you will not receive a zoom link via email to join this meeting.
You will need to log into the activity page to access the zoom link on the day of the meeting. The link will be accessible about 30 minutes before the meeting starts.
Andrew Cowan, MD
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA
Luciano Costa, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Shakira Grant, MBBS
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Shaji Kumar, MD
Professor of Medicine
Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
P Hari, MD, MRCP, MS
Professor of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Disclosure of relevant Financial Relationships:
No Members of this activity's planning committee or faculty have any relevant financial relationship with an ineligible entity with the exception of the following faculties:
- Dr. P Hari: Consultant- GSK, Takeda, Karyopharm, Sanofi. Research support/Grant - Amgen, BMS, and Janssen
- Dr. Luciano Costa: Consultant- BMS, Karyopharm, & Sanofi. Research support/Grant - Amgen & Janssen
- Dr. Shaji Kumar: Research funding for clinical trials to the institution - Abbvie, Amgen, BMS, Carsgen, Janssen, KITE, Merck, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Roche-Genentech, Takeda, Tenebio. Consultant - Abbvie, Amgen, BMS, Janssen, Roche-Genentech, Takeda, KITE, AstraZeneca, Bluebird Bio, and (with personal payment) Oncopeptides, Beigene, Antagene.
All relevant financial relationships of individuals in control of the content have been identified and mitigated.
DISCUSSION OF OFF LABEL PRODUCTS: If any part of this activity will include the discussion of unapproved or investigational products, faculty discussing those products will clearly identify the product as investigational or notapproved.
The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.0 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
Nursing Contact Hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.0 Contact Hours.
ABSM Maintenance of Certificate Recognition Statement:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 2.0 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 0.00 Attendance
- 2.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.00 Contact Hours.
Please support this meeting by visiting our sponsors and exhibitors in the main exhibit breakout room during the exhibit presentations.
Please note that exhibit presentations are promotional materials separate from the accredited activities. These presentations are held in the exhibit breakout room during designated exhibit hours.
We encourage you to visit the main exhibit breakout room and each company's breakout rooms during exhibit and break hours.
The following Exhibitors will be making exhibit presentations during the exhibit hours:
|Company||Reps Presenting||Link to Exhibit Materials and Prescribing information|
|Karyopharm Therapeutics||Jennifer Bradley & Andy Torosian, MSN, RN|
|Oncopeptide||Erik Loberg & Angelyn Solko|
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity via Zoom, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.
This activity is free for all healthcare providers who are not employees of an ineligible entity.
No refunds will be issued if you are unable to attend the live meeting after enrollment.
This activitywill be held virtually on Zoom. You will need access to internet and a hardware such as a laptop or desktop computer or a mobile device with Zoom application installed.
For best audio-visual experience, please update your Zoom application before joining the meeting.