2022 Seattle Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Conference
This oncology conference titled, “2022 Seattle Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Conference," is an accredited continuing education activity that features lectures and discussions presented by leading experts in thoracic cancers who will provide a comprehensive overview of recent advances and controversies in the management of thoracic cancers.
The goal of this continuing education activity is to improve the knowledge, competence and performance of learners so that they can apply practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to optimize clinical outcomes for their patients with thoracic cancers.
- Oncology fellows
- Oncology nurses
- Oncology nurse practitioners
- Oncology physician assistants
- Oncology pharmacists
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing trials that have influenced the changes in standards of care in thoracic cancers
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact management of patients with thoracic cancers
- Integrate emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for treatment of thoracic cancers.
07:00 AM to 08:00 AM PST: Registration/Exhibition
08:00 AM to 08:10 AM PST: Welcome and opening remarks
08:10 AM to 10:00 AM PST: Early stage non-small cell lung cancer
Moderator: Dr. Christina Baik
08:10 AM – 08:30 AM PST: Successes and challenges of lung cancer screening in 2022 - Dr. Jed Gorden
08:30 AM – 08:50 AM PST: Management of early stage lung cancer – new surgical approaches - Dr. Eric Vallieres
08:50 AM – 09:10 AM PST: Emerging data for radiation in early stage NSCLC - Dr. John Kang
09:10 AM – 09:30 AM PST: Systemic therapy in resectable NSCLC - Dr. Jack West
09:30 AM – 10:00 AM PST: Case-based discussion - Session speakers + Dr. Andrea Veatch
10:00 AM to 10:30 AM PST: Break/Exhibits
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM PST: Molecular testing/targeted therapy in lung cancer
Moderator: Dr. Joseph Rosales
10:30 AM – 10:50 AM PST: Current standards and open questions in unresectable NSCLC - Dr. Christina Baik
10:50 AM – 11:10 AM: Biomarker testing and current standards & barriers - Dr. Aakash Desai
11:10 AM - 11:30 AM: New targets and targeted therapies - Dr. Jonathan Riess
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Case-based discussion - Session speakers
12:00 PM – 13:00 PM PST: Lunch/Exhibits
13:00 PM – 14:30 PM PST: Immunotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer
Moderator: Dr. Jack West
13:00 PM – 13:20 PM PST: Evolving practices in immunotherapy for advanced NSCLC - Dr. Lyudmila Bazhenova
13:20 PM – 13:40 PM PST: Vaccines and emerging immunotherapy approaches for NSCLC - Dr. Rachel Sanborn
13:40 PM – 14:00 PM PST: Oligometastatic disease and local consolidation therapy in NSCLC - Dr. Puneeth Iyengar
14:00 PM – 14:30 PM PST: Case-based Discussion - Session speakers + Dr. Somasundarum Subramaniam
14:30 PM – 15:40 PM PST: Small cell lung carcinoma
Moderator: Dr. Rafael Santana-Davila
14:30 PM – 14:50 PM: Developments in Systemic Therapy for SCLC (limited and extensive stage) - Dr. Rafael Santana-Davila
14:50 PM – 15:10 PM: Developments in Local Therapy for SCLC (limited and extensive stage) - Dr. Arya Amini
15:10 PM – 15:40 PM: Case-based discussion - Session speakers + Dr. Daniel Moore
15:40 PM - 15:50 PM: Closing remarks
15:50 PM PST: Adjourn
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for the attendees of this conference at the Grand Hyatt Seattle at the discounted rate of $219 per night. All reservations must be made by September 30th to receive the discounted rate. Please go to the link below to reserve your room:
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Acknowledgment of commercial support:
This activity has been supported with an independent Medical Education Grant from:
- 5.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 5.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
Physicians (non-industry) - $200
Non-physician HPC (non-industry) - $125
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.