2023 Global Oncology Summit: Focus on Sustainability
This CME-accredited activity, “2023 Global Oncology Summit: Focus on Sustainability”, is a half-day hybrid conference featuring didactics, panel discussions, and abstract presentations. The expert faculty will provide a comprehensive overview of the sustainable approach to establishing global oncology programs in low and middle-income countries (LMIC). They will discuss the challenges and evidence-based solutions to tackle these issues.
- Nurse Practitioners/ Physician Assistants
- Others interested in Global Oncology
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current state of access to cancer care in LMIC
- Review Challenges to access to cancer care in LMIC
- Incorporate evidence-based strategies to establish successful global oncology programs
- Describe successful models to create sustainable global oncology programs
Conference Chair: Jerry Radich, MD
OCTOBER 28, 2023
All times are listed in Pacific Time (PT)
08:00 AM - 08:15 AM Opening Remarks: State of Cancer Care in LMIC - Challenges and Opportunities - Jerry Radich, MD
08:15 AM - 09:00 AM Session I: Infrastructure Development
Moderator: Andrea Wahner Hendrickson, MD
08:15 AM - 08:30 AM Keynote Speech - Binay Shah, MD, MHA
08:30 AM - 09:00 AM Panel Discussion - Dona Games, PharmD, BCOP; Darya Kizub, MD
09:00 AM - 09:45 AM Session II: Successful Partnerships
09:00 AM - 09:15 AM Approach to Successful Partnership With Local Stakeholders
09:15 AM - 09:30 AM Tumor Board - Binaytara Foundation's Experience - Joseph Rosales, MD
09:30 AM - 09:45 AM Panel Discussion - Sarah Kutika Nyagabona, MD, MMed; Barry Pizer, MD
09:45 AM - 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Session III: Establishment of Diagnostic Departments
Moderator: Dan Milner, MD
10:00 AM - 10:10 AM Establishment of Radiology - Saurabh Jha, MD
10:10 AM - 10:20 AM Establishment of Laboratory/Pathology - Steve Kussick, MD, PhD
10:20 AM - 10:30 AM Research Infrastructure
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM Panel Discussion
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Session IV: Sustainability
Moderator: Manisha Bhattacharya, MD, MBA
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM Access to Drugs and Technology
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM Sustainability of Global Oncology Programs: Successful Models - Shailesh Shrikhande, MS, MD, FRCS
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Panel Discussion - Ben Li, MD
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM LUNCH AND ABSTRACT SESSION
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 3.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 3.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 3.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 3.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 3.50 Contact Hours.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is canceled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is canceled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity, including registration and participation in the live meeting.