2023 Midwest Precision Oncology Symposium
This program, the 2023 Midwest Precision Oncology Symposium, is an accredited continuing education activity designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating cancer care providers about precision oncology. This oncology conference features leading experts in the field of precision oncology who will provide a comprehensive overview of the implications of actionable molecular alterations across common malignancies.
This activity is designed to facilitate learning, improve knowledge retention, and inspire participants to implement the newly acquired knowledge into their clinical practice. Through didactic lectures, case-based discussions, and interactive questions and answer sessions, participants will be able to ask relevant questions, clarify concerns, and network with expert faculties.
During this live meeting, expert faculty will review recent advances, as well as key abstract findings relevant to precision oncology from the ASCO2023 annual meeting and place those findings into clinical context during the case-based discussions and questions and answer sessions, with a focus on how those findings might impact patient care.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Livonia Novi
19525 Victor Pkwy, Livonia, MI 48152
- Hematologists Oncologists
- Oncology Fellows
- Physician Assistants
- Researchers and others
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify frequent molecular abnormalities across several common malignancies and understand the appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Interpret results of next-generation sequencing and other biomarkers predictive of response to targeted therapies and recognize the challenges involved.
- Explain the role, including advantages and disadvantages, of different testing methodologies available for the selection of targeted therapies.
- Plan optimal molecular-targeted treatment strategies for the treatment of cancer.
- Outline emerging research, the mechanism of action, and the role of novel molecular-targeted therapies in the clinical investigation of cancer patients.
Conference Chair: Dr. Ulka Vaishampayan
September 30, 2023
All times are listed in Eastern Time (ET)
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:05 AM: Welcome - Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
08:05 – 08:15 AM: Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities - Binay Shah, MD
08:15 – 09:30 AM: SESSION 1 - PRECISION ONCOLOGY – GENERAL CONCEPTS
Moderator: Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
08:15 – 08:30 AM: Liquid Biopsy - Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
08:30 – 08:40 AM: Q and A
08:40 – 08:55 AM: Germline Testing for Hereditary Cancers - Dana Zakalik, MD
08:55 – 09:30 AM: Panel Discussion - Dana Zakalik, MD; Dongping Shi, MD; Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
09:30 – 10:30 AM: SESSION 2 - LUNG CANCER
Moderator: Dipesh Uprety, MD
09:30 – 09:45 AM: Keynote Speech - Shirish M. Gadgeel, MD
09:45 – 10:30 AM: Panel Discussion - Greg Kalemkerian, MD; Hirva Mamdani, MD; Ishmael Jaiyesimi, DO, MS, FACP
10:30 – 11:00 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: SESSION 3 - BREAST CANCER
Moderator: Hadeel Assad, MD
11:00 – 11:15 AM: Precision Therapy in Breast Cancer - Norah Lynn Henry, MD, PhD
11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Panel Discussion - Daniel Isaac, MS, DO; Dana Zakalik, MD; Hadeel Assad, MD; Norah Lynn Henry, MD, PhD
12:00 – 01:00 PM: LUNCH AND EXHIBITS
Industry Sponsored Symposium Sponsored by Merck
Presentation Title: A Treatment Option for Certain Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
Speaker: Amit Mehta, MD is a GU medical oncologist at Premier Hematology & Tele-Oncology Center in Cary, NC
This program is not part of the CME activity.
01:00 – 02:00 PM: SESSION 4 - GU ONCOLOGY
Moderator: Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
01:00 – 01:15 PM: Keynote Speech - Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
01:15 – 02:00 PM: Panel Discussion - Clara Hwang, MD; Jason Hafron, MD; Daniel Isaac, MS, DO; Dongping Shi, MD
02:00 – 03:30 PM: SESSION 5 - HEMATOLOGY
Moderator: Jeffrey Zonder, MD
02:00 – 02:30 PM: Precision Therapy in Myeloma - Jeffrey Zonder, MD
02:30 – 02:45 PM: Q and A
02:45 – 03:15 PM: Lymphoma - Abhinav Deol, MD
03:15 – 03:30 PM: Q and A
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 5.75 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5.75 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 5.75 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 5.75 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 5.75 Contact Hours.
Physicians (non-industry) - $200
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $75
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.