2023 Midwest Precision Oncology Symposium
This program, the 2023 Midwest Precision Oncology Symposium, is an accredited continuing education activity designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating cancer care providers about precision oncology. This oncology conference features leading experts in the field of precision oncology who will provide a comprehensive overview of the implications of actionable molecular alterations across common malignancies.
This activity is designed to facilitate learning, improve knowledge retention, and inspire participants to implement the newly acquired knowledge into their clinical practice. Through didactic lectures, case-based discussions, and interactive questions and answer sessions, participants will be able to ask relevant questions, clarify concerns, and network with expert faculties.
During this live meeting, expert faculty will review recent advances, as well as key abstract findings relevant to precision oncology from the ASCO2023 annual meeting and place those findings into clinical context during the case-based discussions and questions and answer sessions, with a focus on how those findings might impact patient care.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Livonia Novi
19525 Victor Pkwy, Livonia, MI 48152
- Hematologists Oncologists
- Oncology Fellows
- Physician Assistants
- Researchers and others
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify frequent molecular abnormalities across several common malignancies and understand the appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Interpret results of next-generation sequencing and other biomarkers predictive of response to targeted therapies and recognize the challenges involved.
- Explain the role, including advantages and disadvantages, of different testing methodologies available for the selection of targeted therapies.
- Plan optimal molecular-targeted treatment strategies for the treatment of cancer.
- Outline emerging research, the mechanism of action, and the role of novel molecular-targeted therapies in the clinical investigation of cancer patients.
Conference Chair: Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
September 30, 2023
Note: All times are listed in local Eastern Time (ET)
06:45 AM - 07:45 AM Breakfast & Registration
07:45 AM - 08:00 AM Chairperson's Welcome & Introductions
09:30 AM - 10:30 AM Session 1
08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Keynote Speaker
09:00 AM - 09:45 AM Solid Tumor Genomic Testing
09:45 AM - 10:30 AM Liquid Biopsy
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM Break & Exhibits
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Session 2
11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Application of Genomics in Lung Cancer
11:45 AM - 12:30 PM Application of Genomics in GI Cancer
12:30 PM - 01:30 PM Lunch & Exhibits
01:30 PM - 04:00 PM Session 3
01:30 PM - 02:15 PM Application of Genomics in Breast Cancer
02:15 PM - 03:00 PM Application of Genomics in GU Cancers - Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM Case Presentations and Panel Discussion on Hurdles, Diversity, and Access to Care in Precision Medicine
FACULTY INFORMATION COMING SOON
Binay Shah, MD, MHA
Binay Shah, MD, MHA
Accreditation coming soon...
If you are interested in exhibiting at this meeting, please visit our exhibit page here - https://education.binayfoundation.org/exhibit-information
Physicians (non-industry) - $200
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $75
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.