Central California Hematology Oncology Conference: Biomarker Guided Therapy to Improve Patient Outcomes
The Central California Hematology Oncology Conference: Biomarker Guided Therapy to Improve Patient Outcomes is a 1-day educational and scientific meeting that will focus on the updates in the biomarker-guided management of patients with common malignancies. This conference will feature experts discussing the latest diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive care strategies in cancer management. In addition, expert faculty will place key abstract findings from the 2023 ASCO Annual Meeting into a clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standards of care. The goals of this conference are to review and critically assess practice-changing results of practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to incorporate biomarker-guided therapy in the management of patients with cancer.
- Primary care providers
- Oncology Nurses
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the DoubleTree by Hilton for participants of BTF's Central California Hematology Oncology Conference. Please reserve your room by Friday, June 2, 2023, for the rate listed below.
Please call 559-268-1000 to reserve a room, go to www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=FATCCDT&groupCode=CDTBIN&arrivaldate=2023-06-16&departuredate=2023-06-18&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
- Review potentially practice-changing abstracts presented at the 2023 ASCO Annual Meeting and discuss their application in clinical settings.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials that have influenced the changes in standards of care in common malignancies.
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies.
- Integrate emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for the treatment of patients with common malignancies.
- Plan biomarker-guided management of cancer patients based on emerging data from clinical trials and evolving expert guidelines.
June 17, 2023
All times below are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST)
07:00 - 08:00 AM Registration, Exhibits, and Breakfast
08:00 - 08:15 AM Welcome Remarks
Session I: Women’s Cancer
08:15 - 08:45 AM Precision Oncology in Gynecological Oncology -- Kalyan Banda, MD
08:45 - 09:15 AM Updates in HER-2 Positive and Triple Negative Breast Cancers -- Mark Pegram, MD
09:15 - 09:30 AM Updates in Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER-2 Negative Breast Cancers -- Shipra Gandhi, MD
09:30 - 09:45 AM Panel Discussion with Q&A
09:45 - 10:00 AM Break & Exhibits
Session II: General Oncology
Session Chair: Glynn W. Gilcrease, MD
10:00 - 10:30 AM Management of NSCLC in the Era of NGS -- Omer Ilyas, MD
10:30 - 11:00 AM Non-Colorectal GI Cancers - Advances in Biomarker Guided Treatment -- Andrew Liman, MD
11:00 - 11:30 AM Metastatic Colorectal Cancer - Key Concepts in Selection of First Line and Subsequent Lines of Therapy -- Jun Gong, MD
11:30 - 12:00 PM Panel Discussion with Q&A
12:00 - 01:00 PM Lunch & Exhibits
Session III: Hematologic Malignancies
01:00 - 01:20 PM Management of Lymphoma in 2023 -- Haifaa Abdulhaq, MD
01:20 - 01:40 PM Approaches to Myeloma - Patient and Regimen Selection -- Rahul Banerjee, MD, FACP
01:40 - 02:00 PM Panel Discussion with Q&A
Session IV: General Oncology
Session Chair: Sanjay Hinduja, MD
02:00 - 02:20 PM Updates in Head and Neck & Thyroid Malignancies -- Hyunseok Kang, MD
02:20 - 02:40 PM Updates in Genitourinary Cancers -- Ali Raza Khaki, MD
02:40 - 03:00 PM Panel Discussion with Q&A
Session V: Tumor Board Style Case-Based Discussions
Session Chair: Joseph Rosales, MD
03:00 - 04:00 PM Case-based discussion with Parminder Sidhu, MD, and Sanjay Hinduja, MD
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the DoubleTree by Hilton at a discounted rate of $179/night (plus tax) for participants of BTF's Central California Hematology Oncology Conference. Please reserve your room by Friday, June 2, 2023, to receive the discounted rate.
Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at the number below or online by following the link below.
Phone - 559-268-1000
Online - https://www.hilton.com/en/
Registered hotel guests will receive complimentary parking on-site. Non-registered hotel guests may park on a space-available basis in the hotel parking lot. The hotel parking garage is adjacent and may charge a fee.
Haifaa Abdulhaq, Clinical Professor, UCSF. Director of Hematology, UCSF Fresno. Director of Hematolog/Oncology Fellowship, UCSF Fresno
Commercial Support Acknowledgment
This activity is supported by independent medical education grants from the following companies:
- 6.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 6.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 6.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 6.50 Contact Hours.
Exhibits at this meeting have SOLD OUT
We have a lunch product theater and other sponsorship opportunities available. Please get in touch with Tara Shah if you are interested.
If you have inquired about sponsoring/exhibiting but have not confirmed your exhibit, please email Tara to ensure you have an exhibit table at this meeting.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.