Santa Fe Precision Oncology Symposium
This program, the Santa Fe Precision Oncology Symposium, is an accredited continuing education activity designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating cancer care providers about precision oncology. This oncology conference features leading experts in the field of precision oncology who will provide a comprehensive overview of the implications of actionable molecular alterations across common malignancies.
This activity is designed to facilitate learning, improve knowledge retention, and inspire participants to implement the newly acquired knowledge into their clinical practice. Through didactic lectures, case-based discussions, and interactive questions and answer sessions, participants will be able to ask relevant questions, clarify concerns, and network with expert faculties.
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify frequent molecular abnormalities across several common malignancies and understand the appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Interpret results of next-generation sequencing and other biomarkers predictive of response to targeted therapies and recognize the challenges involved.
- Explain the role, including advantages and disadvantages, of different testing methodologies available for the selection of targeted therapies.
- Plan optimal molecular-targeted treatment strategies for the treatment of cancer.
- Outline emerging research, the mechanism of action, and the role of novel molecular-targeted therapies in the clinical investigation of cancer patients.
Organizing Committee: Dr. Ursa Brown-Glaberman, Dr. Vishal Vashistha, and Dr. Fei Gu
October 21, 2023
All times are listed in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:05 AM: Welcome - Ursa Brown-Glaberman, MD
08:05 – 08:25 AM: Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities - Binay Shah, MD
08:25 – 09:40 AM: SESSION 1 - PRECISION ONCOLOGY – GENERAL CONCEPTS
Moderator: Vishal Vashistha, MD
08:25 – 08:40 AM: Solid Tumor Genomic Testing - Vishal Vashistha, MD
08:40 – 09:40 AM: Panel Discussion - Mohammad Vasef, MD; Vishal Vashistha, MD; Ursa Brown-Glaberman, MD
09:40 – 10:40 AM: SESSION 2 - LUNG CANCER
Moderator: Fei Gu, MD, PhD
09:40 – 09:55 AM: Keynote Speech - Atul Kumar, MD, PhD
09:55 – 10:40 AM: Panel Discussion - Fei Gu, MD, PhD; Moises Harari Turquie, MD
10:40 – 11:00 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: SESSION 3 - BREAST CANCER
Moderator: Bernard Tawfik, MD
11:00 – 11:15 AM: Precision Medicine in Breast Cancer - Bernard Tawfik, MD
11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Panel Discussion - Muhammad Anas Tarakji, MD; Ines Sanchez-Rivera, MD; Tripti Chopade, MD
12:00 – 01:00 PM: LUNCH AND EXHIBITS
Industry Sponsored Symposium Sponsored by Merck
Presentation Title: A Treatment Option for Certain Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
Speaker: Sanjay Sharma, MD, is the Oncology Medical Director at the Virginia Crosson Cancer Center at St. Jude Heritage Medical Group in Fullerton, CA
This program is not part of the CME activity.
01:00 – 02:00 PM: SESSION 4 - GU ONCOLOGY
Moderator: Neda Hashemi, MD
01:00 – 01:15 PM: Keynote Speech - Neda Hashemi, MD
01:15 – 02:00 PM: Panel Discussion - Jude Khatib, MD; Krishna Moturi, MD; Frances Alba, MD
02:00 – 03:00 PM: SESSION 5 - GI ONCOLOGY
Moderator: David Zhen, MD
02:00 – 02:15 PM: Keynote Lecture - Ursa Brown-Glaberman, MD
02:15 – 03:00 PM: Panel Discussion - Itzhak Nir, MD; Erika Maestas, MD; Javid Sadjadi, MD; Harsh Sharma, DO
03:00 – 03:30 PM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
03:30 – 04:30 PM: SESSION 6 - HEMATOLOGY
Moderator: Scott Herbert, MD
03:30 – 03:45 PM: Multiple Myeloma - Shashank Cingam, MD
03:45 – 04:00 PM: Leukemias - Charles Foucar, MD
04:00 – 04:15 PM: Lymphoma - George Atweh, MD
04:15 – 04:30 PM: Q and A
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza at the discounted daily rate of $269/night (single occupancy) for participants, vendors, and sponsors of this meeting. All reservations must be made by September 29th, 2023 to receive the discounted rate.
Book your rooms at the following link: https://group.hilton.com/
Or call in to central reservations to reserve your room, please reference SF PRECISION, the Central Reservations number is 1.800.445.8667.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Mohammad Vasef, Academic pathologist, board certified by American Board of Pathology in AP/CP, Hematopathology, and Molecular Genetic Pathology
- 6.25 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.25 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 6.25 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 6.25 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 6.25 Contact Hours.
The following is the exhibitor shipping information provided by the hotel:
We thank our exhibitors for their support.
POLICY ON INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE'S PARTICIPATION IN MARKETING/EDUCATION ACTIVITY AT THE CONFERENCE:
All marketing and product promotion activities must occur in the designated exhibit hall or product theater space separate from the area where this accredited continuing education takes place.
The exhibit and product promotion space is reserved only for companies that have purchased marketing and product promotion slots at the conference. The individual registration fee doesn't include marketing or product theater privileges. Please refer to the sponsorship handbook for the types of marketing activities included in your display/sponsorship fees.
If your company has NOT purchased a marketing opportunity such as an exhibit table, product theater slot or another type of marketing opportunity, you may not participate in any marketing activity or attempt to educate healthcare providers about your product or service. Industry attendees of companies without marketing opportunities must refrain from interacting with healthcare providers at this meeting in any form, including introducing themselves as an employee of the company, discussing the care of patients, handing out flyers and brochures, inviting participants to the company's other programs, etc.
Violating this policy will result in a fine equivalent to a general display fee for that conference.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting paying a full industry registration fee, BUT YOU PARTICIPATED IN MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is canceled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is canceled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity, including registration and participation in the live meeting.