BTF’s ASH Annual Meeting Review 2023 - Coeur d’Alene
The BTF’s ASH Annual Meeting Review 2023 - Coeur d'Alene is a CME-accredited, in-person hematology conference featuring leading experts in the field. This conference allows professionals an opportunity to discuss current research and advances in the field of blood disorders and hematologic malignancies with colleagues and key opinion leaders. Expert faculty will place key abstract findings from the 64th ASH Annual Meeting into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care. The goals of this conference are to review and critically assess practice-changing results of practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to optimize clinical outcomes for the patients.
This activity is planned and implemented by the Binaytara Foundation to educate hematologists/oncologists and others involved in the care of patients with hematologic malignancies and benign hematological disorders about the most important updates from the 64th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in December 2022. Neither the Binaytara Foundation nor this activity is affiliated with the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- Oncology Oncology Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners
- Oncology Pharmacists
- Oncology Nurses
- Review data presented at the 64th ASH Annual Meeting (2022) and discuss their application in clinical settings
- Choose new therapeutic options for the treatment of blood disorders and hematologic malignancies, understanding appropriate indications, and contraindications to these therapeutic approaches.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing trials that have influenced the changes in the standards of care for patients with blood disorders and hematologic malignancies.
- Integrate evolving diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic approaches to the management of patients with blood disorders and hematologic malignancies.
- Apply practical expertise gained from clinical situations emphasizing data-based approaches to patients with blood disorders and hematologic malignancies in community practice.
Day 1 - March 3, 2023
04:00 PM - 04:45 PM PST: Registration/Networking/Exhibits
04:45 PM – 05:00 PM PST: Opening remarks
05:00 PM – 06:30 PM PST: Session 1
Moderator: Dr. Sri Tantravahi, Dr. Prakash Vishnu, Dr. Aaron Goodman, & Dr. Sanam Loghavi
Tumor board style case-based discussion - Dr. Arvind Chaudhry, Dr. Rangaswamy Chintapatla, Dr. Corliss Newman, Dr. Paul White, & Dr. David Aboulafia
Day 2 - March 4, 2023
07:00 AM - 08:00 AM PST: Registration/Networking
08:00 AM - 09:30 AM PST: Session 2
Moderator: Dr. Sri Tantravahi
08:00 AM - 08:30 AM PST: Myelodysplastic Syndromes - Dr. Anna Halpern
08:30 AM - 09:00 AM PST: Myeloproliferative neoplasms and CML - Dr. Sri Tantravahi
09:00 AM - 09:30 AM PST: Acute Leukemia - Dr. Jacob Appelbaum
09:30 AM - 10:00 AM PST: Break & exhibits
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM PST: Session 3
Moderator: Dr. David Aboulafia
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM PST: ITP/TTP, aHUS - Dr. George Rodgers
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM PST: Clotting disorders & Bleeding disorders - Dr. Doris Quon
11:00 AM - 11:30 PM PST: Panel discussion
11:30 PM - 12:30 PM PST: Lunch & exhibits
12:30 PM - 02:00 PM PST Session 4
Moderator: Dr. Swathi Namburi
12:30 PM - 01:00 PM PST Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia - Dr. Mazyar Shadman
01:00 PM - 01:30 PM PST: Low-grade lymphomas - Dr. Harsh Shah
01:30 PM - 02:00 PM PST: Aggressive Lymphoma - Dr. Steven Bair
02:00 PM - 02:15 PM PST: Break & exhibits
02:15 PM - 03:45 PM PST: Session 5
Moderator: Dr. Nathanael Gay
02:15 PM - 02:45 PM PST: Newly diagnosed multiple myeloma - Dr. Andrew Cowan
02:45 PM - 03:15 PM PST: Cellular therapy - Dr. Krish Patel
03:15 PM - 03:45 PM PST: Relapsed refractory multiple myeloma - Dr. Amandeep Godara
03:45 PM - 03:50 PM PST: Adjourn
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Coeur d'Alene Resort for participants of BTF’s ASH Annual Meeting Review 2023 - Coeur d’Alene. Please reserve your room by January 22nd, 2023 for the discounted rate listed below.
Please call (800)-688-5253 to reserve a room using our code Binaytara23, or go to https://reservations.travelclick.com/114393?groupID=3492573
parking at the venue
The Coeur d'Alene Resort provides controlled covered on-site parking. The self-parking fee is $19 per day.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Srinivas Tantravahi, MD has a financial relationship (Consulting) with Novartis; a financial relationship (Consulting) with AbbVie; a financial relationship (Research support/Grant Consultant) with Karyopharm Therapeutics.
Nathan Gay, MD
Aaron Goodman, MD
Swathi Namburi, MD
Prakash Vishnu, MD, FACP
David Aboulafia, MD
Jacob Appelbaum, MD/PhD
Steven Bair, MD
Arvind Chaudhry, MD, PhD
Rangaswamy Chintapatla, Physician,
Andrew Cowan, MD
Amandeep Godara, MD
Anna Halpern, MD
Sanam Loghavi, Associate Professor
Krish Patel, MD
Doris Quon, MD, PhD
GEORGE RODGERS, MD, PhD
Douglas Sborov, MD MS
Mazyar Shadman, MD,MPH
Harsh Shah, D.O.
COMMERICAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This activity is supported with an independent medical education grant from Appelis Pharmaceuticals.
- 7.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 7.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 7.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 7.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 7.50 Contact Hours.
Physicians (non-industry) - $300
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $200
Fellows & residents - $150
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.