Highlights from SABCS 2021
OUR CONFERENCE WILL PROVIDE RAPID ANTIGEN COVID19 TESTING FOR ALL ATTENDEES AND FACULTY.
Only participants who have a negative test result will be permitted to attend this meeting.
Management of breast cancer is rapidly evolving. A number of potentially practice-changing abstracts are expected to be presented during the 2021 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS 2021) in December, 2021. At this in-person oncology conference held in Seattle, Highlights from SABCS 2021, expert faculty will place abstract findings from the SABCS 2021 annual meeting into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care for breast cancer patients.
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Oncology residents/fellows
- Oncology NPs/PAs
- Oncology pharmacists
- Oncology nurses
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of novel molecular abnormalities, prognostic markers and risk factors in breast cancer pathogenesis, risk of recurrences and their implications on breast cancer prevention and management.
- Review data presented at the 2021 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium and discuss their application in clinical settings
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials evaluating novel strategies for the management of breast cancer
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact breast cancer management
- Integrate emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for treatment of patients with breast cancer
Conference Chair: Fengting Yan, MD, PhD
All times listed below are in Pacific Standard Time.
7 AM to 8:00 AM PST - Registration/Breakfast/Exhibits
08:00 – 08:10 AM PST: Opening remarks - Nancy E. Davidson, MD
Moderator: Shaveta Vinayak, MD, MS
08:10 – 08:40 AM PST: Advances and controversies in DCIS and locoregional invasive disease - Christos Vaklavas, MD
08:40 – 09:10 AM PST: Prevention, survivorship, and healthcare delivery - Poorni Manohar, MD
09:10 – 09:40 AM PST: Genetic and other biomarkers for prognosis and prediction of systemic therapy - Siddhartha Yadav, MBBS, MD
09:40 – 10:00 AM PST: Break
Moderator: Natasha Hunter, MD
10:00 – 10:30 AM PST: Novel targets and therapeutics for early and advanced ER+ disease - Hannah Linden, MD
10:30 – 11:00 AM PST: Advances in approaches to triple-negative breast cancer - Hope S. Rugo, MD
11:00 – 12:00 PM PST: Q&A/Discussion - Nanette Robinson, MD
12:00 – 01:00 PM PST: Lunch
Moderator: William R Gwin III, MD
01:00 – 01:30 PM PST: Updates in Radiation oncology - Janice Kim, MD
01:30 – 02:00 PM PST: Updates in Breast surgery - Sara H. Javid, MD
02:00 – 02:30 PM PST: HER2+ updates and leads for the future – (Neo)/Adjuvant and advanced settings - Jennifer M. Specht, MD
02:30 – 03:30 PM PST: Q&A/Discussion - Fengting Yan, MD, PhD
3:30PM PST: Adjourn
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Grand Hyatt Seattle for the Highlights from SABCS attendees at a single occupancy rate of $169/night exclusive of all taxes and fees. Please follow the link below to book your hotel room.
Grand Hyatt Seattle is located in the heart of downtown Seattle’s Theater District, within walking distance to the waterfront, Pike Place Market, and just 25 minutes to Sea-Tac Airport, with convenient parking options on-site.
Leave your vehicle in a secure public garage, attached to the hotel and explore downtown Seattle by foot. Grand Hyatt Seattle is pleased to offer self-parking for your convenience.
*Parking is subject to availability and pricing may change
Self Parking: $37 /Overnight. Available at Meridian Parking Garage, no in/out privileges. Fully payable to the garage.
Valet Parking: $55 /Overnight
Getting to Grand Hyatt Seattle is now easier and greener than ever with the Seattle Link Light rail train. The train will take you directly from Sea-Tac Airport to the Westlake Light Rail station, two blocks from the Grand Hyatt, for only $3 each way.
Amtrak Train King Street Station: 1.5 miles
Greyhound Bus: 2.5 miles
Boeing Field King County International Airport: 6.5 miles
Sea-Tac Airport: 14 miles
No members of this activity's planning committee or faculty have any relevant financial relationship with an ineligible entity except for the following faculties. All relevant financial relationships have been identified and mitigated for all individuals in control of educational contents.
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity has been supported with an independent medical education grant from the following companies:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- 6.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 6.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 6.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 6.00 Contact Hours.
Physicians (non-industry) - $200
Non-physician HPC (non-industry) - $125
Industry representatives - $650
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.