2021 Updates in Treatment Strategies for Management of Triple Negative Breast Cancer
2021 Updates in Treatment Strategies for Management of Triple Negative Breast Cancer is a CME-accredited oncology webinar that features leading experts in breast cancer who will provide a comprehensive overview of current and emerging strategies for management of triple-negative breast cancer. The goal of this activity is to improve the knowledge, competence and performance of learners to apply practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to optimize clinical outcomes for patients with triple negative breast cancer. The program features in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in molecular testing and targeted-therapies for triple-negative breast cancer. Expert faculty will aim to place the role of different therapeutic agents in clinical context and discuss how to utilize these therapeutic options to effectively contribute to patient care.
Cancer care professionals including:
- Practicing oncologists
- Oncology fellows
- Oncology nurses
- Oncology nurse practitioners
- Oncology physician assistants
- Oncology pharmacists
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Review frequent molecular abnormalities in triple-negative breast cancer, and appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Outline efficacy and toxicities of immune checkpoint inhibitors, PARP inhibitors, Trop-2inhibitors, and other chemotherapy agents in management of triple-negative breast cancer.
- Identify the role of neoadjuvant and adjuvant systemic therapy options in curative-intent treatment of triple-negative breast cancer, including the role of chemotherapy, immune checkpoint inhibitors and PARP inhibitors.
- Incorporate appropriate sequencing of treatment options in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer.
- Integrate emerging evidence in precision oncology into treatment paradigms for treatment of triple-negative breast cancer.
Conference Chair: Siddhartha Yadav, MBBS, MD
All times below are listed in Pacific Standard Time
7:15 AM - 7:45 AM: Industry Presentations
7:45 AM - 8:00 AM: Welcome and Faculty Introduction
8:00 AM - 8:25 AM: Immune-Checkpoint Inhibitors in Management of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Roberto Leon Ferre, MD
8:25 AM - 8:50 AM: Germline Genetic Testing and PARP Inhibitors in Management of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Neelam Desai, MD
8:50 AM - 9:00 AM: Q&A Session - Raghunadharao Digumarti, MBBS, MD, DM, FRCP (London), FACP, Xiaowen Wang, MD, PhD, Sudip Shrestha, MD
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Industry Presentations
9:30 AM - 9:55 AM: Efficacy and Toxicities of Sacituzumab Govitecan in Management of Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Neelima Vidula, MD
9:55 AM - 10:20 AM: NGS, ctDNA and Other Precision Approaches for Identification of Novel Therapies in Management of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Christos Vaklavas, MD
10:20 AM - 10:30 AM: Q&A Session - Xiaowen Wang, MD, PhD, Sudip Shrestha, MD
Disclosure of commercial support
This activity has been supported with an independent medical education grant from the following company:
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 0.00 Attendance
- 2.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 2.00 Contact Hours.
This webinar is free for health care providers.
If you are employed by the industry, you must register as "Industry representative" even if you are a licensed healthcare provider not involved in the sales of product. The industry price is applicable to everyone who are employed by an ACCME defined ineligible company.
An ineligible company is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients with the exception of hospitals and facilities that provide direct care to patients.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.