2022 Precision Oncology Summit: Personalizing Treatment to Improve Patient Outcomes
The 2022 Precision Oncology Summit: Personalizing Treatment to Improve Patient Outcomes is an oncology conference featuring leading experts in the field of precision oncology who will provide a comprehensive overview of implications of actionable molecular alterations across common malignancies.
Expert faculty will discuss and analyze the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in precision oncology, including the key abstracts relevant to precision oncology presented at the 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting in June 2022.
This conference will augment healthcare providers’ foundation of knowledge and clinical competence in several areas, including:
- Integrating different platforms available for testing of actionable molecular alterations for identification of targeted therapy options.
- Current and evolving paradigms in precision oncology approach for management of common malignancies.
- Trends, challenges, controversies, and cost-considerations of precision oncology approaches and targeted therapies.
Call For abstract
Abstract submission deadline: August 19, 2022
Submit to one of the following categories:
- Basic science research
- Clinical research
- Quality-of-care research
- Outcomes research
- Case reports and case-series
Abstract decisions will be emailed to the first author by August 26, 2022
Click here to submit abstracts
- Oncology Nurse Practitioners
- Oncology Pharmacists
- Oncology Physician Assistants
- Oncology Fellows/Residents
- Oncology Nurses
- Researchers and others involved in the care of cancer patients
Upon successful completion of this educational activity on precision oncology, participants will be able to:
- Identify frequent molecular abnormalities across several common malignancies and understand appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Interpret results of next generation sequencing and other biomarkers predictive of response to targeted therapies and recognize the challenges involved.
- Explain the role, including advantages and disadvantages, of different testing methodologies available for selection of targeted therapies.
- Plan optimal molecular-targeted treatment strategies for treatment of cancer.
- Outline emerging research, the mechanism of action, and the role of novel molecular-targeted therapies in clinical investigation for cancer patients.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, 2022
1:00 - 2:00 PM Registration/Exhibits
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Abstract Session 1 - chaired by Siddhartha Yadav, MD
3:45 PM to 4:00 PM Welcome note from the conference chair - Neeraj Agarwal, MD
4:00 PM to 5:15 PM Session 1: Methods in Precision Oncology
Moderator: Christos Vaklavas, MD
4:00 PM to 4:15 PM Next generation sequencing for identification of molecular targets - James Ford, MD
4:15 PM to 4:30 PM Beyond sequencing – methods in identifying tumor biomarkers for targeted therapies - Vivek Subbiah, MD
4:30 PM to 4:45 PM Germline genetic testing for cancer prevention and treatment - Siddhartha Yadav, MD
4:45 PM to 5:00 PM Clinical utility of circulating tumor DNA in cancer treatment - Manish Kohli, MD
5:00 PM to 5:15 PM Q and A/Panel discussion - Christos Vaklavas, MD, James Ford, MD, Vivek Subbiah, MD, Siddhartha Yadav, MD, and Manish Kohli, MD
5:20 PM to 6:05 PM Session 2: Somatic and germ line testing: real world challenges
Moderator Siddhartha Yadav, MD, FACP
5:20 PM to 5:35 PM Challenges and solutions with somatic genetic testing: what is needed - Beverly Chigarira, MS
5:35 PM to 5:50 PM Challenges and solutions with germline testing - Kristen Pauley, MS, GCG
5:50 PM to 6:05 PM Panel discussion - Siddhartha Yadav, MD, Beverly Chigarira, MS, and Kristen Pauley, MS, CGC
6:05 PM to 6:30 PM Break/Exhibits
6:15 PM to 8:15 PM Abstract Session 2 - chaired by Siddhartha Yadav, MD
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM Binaytara Foundation's Reception Dinner
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2022
7:00 AM to 7:30 AM Breakfast and registration
7:30 AM to 8:45 AM Session 3: Precision oncology in breast and ovarian cancer
Moderator: Paolo Tarantino, MD
7:30 AM to 7:45 AM Precision oncology in metastatic breast cancer - Mark Pegram, MD
7:45 AM to 8:00 AM Non-metastatic breast cancer - Christos Vaklavas, MD
8:00 AM to 8:15 AM Key concepts on precision in gynecological malignancies - Theresa Werner, MD
8:15 AM to 8:45 AM Panel discussion - Paolo Tarantino, MD, Mark Pegram, MD, Christos Vaklavas, MD, and Theresa Werner, MD
8:50 AM to 10:05 AM Session 4: Precision Oncology in Lung Cancer
Moderator: Joseph Rosales, MD
8:50 AM to 9:05 AM Metastatic lung cancer - Katie Kerrigan, DO
9:05 AM to 9:20 AM Adjuvant treatment of lung cancer - Aaron Mansfield, MD
9:20 AM to 10:05 AM Panel discussion - Joseph Rosales, MD, Katie Kerrigan, DO, and Aaron Mansfield, MD
10:05 AM to 10:20 AM Break
10:20 AM to 11:20 AM Session 5: Precision Oncology in GI Malignancies
Moderator: David Zhen, MD
10:20 AM to 10:35 AM Precision Oncology in Colon cancer - Stacey Cohen, MD
10:35 AM to 10:50 AM Hepatobiliary and pancreatic malignancies - Chris Nevala-Plagemann, MD
10:50 AM to 11:20 AM Panel based discussion - David Zhen, MD, Stacey Cohen, MD, and Chris Nevala-Plagemann, MD
11:25 AM to 12:25 PM Session 6: Precision oncology in prostate cancer
Moderator: Daniel Isaac, DO
11:25 AM to 11:40 AM Precision oncology in metastatic prostate cancer - Benjamin Maughan, MD
11:40 PM to 11:55 PM Precision oncology in metastatic bladder cancer - Sumati Gupta, MD
11:55 PM to 12:25 PM Panel based discussion - Daniel Isaac, DO, Benjamin Maughan, MD, Sumati Gupta, MD, Umang Swami, MD, Beverly Chigarira, and Neeraj Agarwal, MD
12:25 PM to 1:15 PM Lunch/Exhibits
1:15 PM to 2:15 PM Session 7: Precision oncology in hematological malignancies
Moderator: Srinivas Tantravahi, MBBS
1:15 PM to 1:30 PM Precision oncology in acute leukemias - Tibor Kovacsovics, MD
1:30 PM to 1:45 PM Precision oncology in multiple myeloma - Douglas Sborov, MD, MS
1:45 PM to 2:15 PM Panel discussion – Srinivas Tantravahi, MBBS, Tibor Kovacsovics, MD, Sagar Patel, MD, Ami Patel, MD and Afaf Osman, MD
2:20 PM to 3:20 PM Session 8: Precision medicine: perspectives from molecular pathologists
Moderator: Anna Matynia, MD
2:20 PM to 2:25 PM Introduction
2:25 PM to 2:40 PM Pre-Analytical Variables and Precision Oncology: How we can improve our Patient Management - Deepika Sirohi, MD
2:40 PM to 2:55 PM Critical Role of Molecular Pathologist in Precision Oncology - Allie Grossmann, MD, PhD
2:55 PM to 3:20 PM Panel discussion - Anna Matynia, MD, Deepika Sirohi, MD, Allie Grossmann, MD, PhD, and JongTaek Kim, MD, MS
3:20 PM to 3:30 PM Break/Exhibits
3:30 PM to 4:30 PM Session 9: Implementation science in precision oncology
Moderator: Dr. Neeraj Agarwal
3:30 PM to 3:45 PM Disparities in precision oncology and improving access to evidence-based testing for targeted therapies - Jack West, MD
3:45 PM to 4:00 PM Strategies for clinical implementation of precision oncology - Howard L. McLeod, Pharm.D., FASCO, FCCP
4:00 PM to 4:30 PM Panel discussion -Neeraj Agarwal, MD, Jack West, MD, Howard L. McLeod, Pharm.D., FASCO, FCCP, Soffe Timm, RN, and Jennifer Lloyd, ARNP
4:30 PM Concluding remarks - Neeraj Agarwal, MD
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for the attendees of this conference at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center at the discounted rate of $234 per night. To book a room, please go to https://book.passkey.com/e/50271656.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Manish Kohli, MD has a financial relationship (Consulting) with Tempus.
Srinivas Tantravahi, MD has a financial relationship (Consulting) with Novartis; a financial relationship (Consulting) with AbbVie; a financial relationship (Research support/Grant
Consultant) with Karyopharm Therapeutics.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This activity is supported by independent medical education grants from the following companies:
- Janssen Biotech
- Gilead Sciences
- 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 9.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 9.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 9.50 Contact Hours.
|Precision Oncology Summit - Exhibitors List|
|Company Name||Rep Name||2nd rep||Exhibit type|
|Bluprint||Matt Smith||Michael Jones||Premium Exhibit|
|Natera||Steven Lester||N/A||Premium Exhibit|
|Personalis, Inc.||Elizabeth Thompson||James Azzaro||Premium Exhibit|
|Regeneron Pharma||James Jones||Sylvia Reuland||Premium Exhibit|
|SEAGEN INC||Beth Williamson||Nancy McMullin||Premium Exhibit|
|Servier Pharmaceuticals||Tara Bakker||NA||Premium Exhibit|
|Takeda Oncology||Steve McKell||Jennifer Hilton||Premium Exhibit|
|AADi BioScience||Jason Ellis||Stacy Melville||General Exhibit|
|Agena Bioscience||Tamara Fisher||Jenni Braught||General Exhibit|
|Amgen||Marina Hallsten||Cathy Andras||General Exhibit|
|AstraZeneca||Rachel Bender||Kathleen Wenner||General Exhibit|
|Bayer||Aimee Church||Michael McCreary||General Exhibit|
|Biotheranostics, a division of Hologic||Lynda Morrison||Valery Adorno-Cruz||General Exhibit|
|Caris Life Sciences||Maggie Montgomery||Bret Bean||General Exhibit|
|DSI||Joi Matsukawa||Parker Powis||General Exhibit|
|Eisai, Inc.||Jennifer Toland||Jay Johnson||General Exhibit|
|Eli Lilly - Loxo Oncology||Katie Anderson||Scott Sipple||General Exhibit|
|Genentech||Mike Wofford||Nathan Judd||General Exhibit|
|Guardant Health, Inc.||Maya Kiss||Jill Hodges||General Exhibit|
|Merck||Melissa Wiczek||Nichole Manning||General Exhibit|
|Pfizer||Chad Carnesecca||Robert Nordstrom||General Exhibit|
Physicians (non-industry) - $350
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $250
Industry representatives - $850
Fellow or resident - $50
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.