Alaska Multidisciplinary Oncology Conference
The Alaska Multidisciplinary Oncology Conference is a 1-day educational and scientific meeting that will focus on key clinical topics in the management of common malignancies. This conference will feature leading experts discussing the latest diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive care strategies in cancer management. The field of oncology is continually evolving with the introduction of new targeted therapies, cellular therapies, and immunotherapy. These advances present new opportunities to tailor treatment approaches for cancer patients based on disease-related and patient-related factors. Significant disparities exist in access to continuing education for physicians practicing in rural settings. Engaging, easily accessible continuing education activities focusing on content that has practical applications for the provider may significantly impact patient outcomes. There is a need for these educational activities in rural settings to update practicing healthcare providers about recent advances in the field. This highly practical and interactive symposium will provide a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals to learn from and interact with well-known experts in the field.
- Oncology Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners
- Oncology Pharmacists
- Oncology Nurses
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Review pertinent clinical trial data for the standard of care and novel management strategies for common malignancies.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing trials that have influenced the changes in the standards of care for cancer patients.
- Individualize management of cancer patients based on emerging data from clinical trials and evolving expert guidelines.
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact the management of common malignancies.
May 13, 2023
08:00 AM – 09:30 AM Session 1: Women’s Cancers
08:00 AM – 08:30 AM Non-metastatic breast cancer - recent advances
08:30 AM – 09:00 AM Management of metastatic breast cancer in 2023
09:00 AM – 09:30 AM Advances in management of ovarian cancer- Dan Veljovich M.D
09:30 AM – 10:00 AM Break
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Session 2: General Oncology
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Biomarker-guided treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer- Joe Rosales, MD
10:30 AM – 11:00 AM Advances in the management of advanced prostate cancer- Laura S. Graham, MD
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Management of immunotherapy toxicities
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Case-based discussion
11:30 PM – 01:00 PM Lunch
01:00 PM – 02:30 PM Session 3: GI Oncology
01:00 PM – 01:30 PM Advances in management of colorectal cancer- Stacey Cohen M.D
01:30 PM – 02:00 PM Updates in the management of gastric and GE junction cancers
02:00 PM – 02:30 PM Case-based discussion
02:30 PM – 03:00 PM Break
03:00 PM – 04:00 PM Session 4: Hematologic malignancies
03:00 PM – 03:30 PM Recent updates in management of diffuse large B cell lymphoma
03:30 PM – 04:00 PM Updates in management of multiple myeloma- Rahul Banerjee, MD, FACP
04:00 PM – 04:15 PM Adjourn
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 6.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 6.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 6.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 6.00 Contact Hours.
Physicians (non-industry) - $300
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $150
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.