Best of ASCO 2024, Seattle
This CME-accredited oncology conference, Best of ASCO 2024, Seattle, is designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating clinicians involved in cancer care.
Expert faculty will provide a comprehensive overview of practice-changing abstracts presented at the 2024 ASCO® Annual Meeting (ASCO2024) in June 2024. The program includes in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in the field. Expert faculty will place abstract findings from ASCO2024 into clinical contexts and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care. This conference is designed to provide physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with the latest updates in the field. It will highlight a multidisciplinary approach and the integration of new advances in patient-centered care.
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Oncology residents/fellows
- Oncology NPs/PAs
- Oncology pharmacists
- Oncology nurses
Binay Shah, MD, MHA - Binaytara Foundation
David Zhen, MD- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, University of Washington
Petros Grivas, MD, PhD- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, University of Washington
Venue Information Coming Soon.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss new and updated treatment options for patients with hematologic malignancies and solid tumors
- Identify side effects, indications, and contra-indications of therapies used to diagnose and treat cancers
- Explain how to effectively manage side-effects associated with cancer treatment
- Review abstracts presented at ASCO® 2023 and discuss their application in clinical settings
GLOBAL ONCOLOGY PROJECT
Click this link to learn more about our ongoing project building a 200-bed cancer hospital in Nepal: https://binayfoundation.org/cancer-hospital/
DAY 1- June 15th, 2024
All times below are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
07:00 AM – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION
08:00 AM - 08:05 AM Welcome
08:05 AM – 09:35 AM: HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIES SESSION
08:05 AM - 08:35 AM: MDS/leukemias
08:35 AM - 09:05 AM: Multiple myeloma
09:05 AM - 09:35 AM: Lymphoma & CLL
09:35 AM – 10:00 AM: BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: THORACIC ONCOLOGY SESSION
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Early-stage lung cancer
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Metastatic lung cancer
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM: Case-based presentation
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Case 1: Hematologic Malignancies
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM: Case 2: Thoracic Oncology
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Access to cancer care in LMIC - Binay Shah, MD, MHA
12:00 PM – 01:00 PM: LUNCH
01:00 PM – 03:00 PM: GENERAL ONCOLOGY SESSION
01:00 PM - 01:30 PM: Sarcoma updates
01:30 PM - 02:00 PM: Brain tumor updates
02:00 PM - 02:30 PM: Head neck cancer
02:30 PM - 03:00 PM: Gynecologic cancer
03:00 PM – 03:30 PM: BREAK
03:30 PM – 05:00 PM: GENITOURINARY CANCER SESSION
03:30 PM - 04:00 PM: Prostate cancer
04:00 PM - 04:30 PM: Bladder cancer
04:30 PM - 05:00 PM: Kidney cancer
DAY 2- June 16th, 2024
07:00 AM – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST
08:00 AM – 09:00 AM: Case-based presentation
08:00 AM - 08:15 AM: Case 1: Gynecologic cancer
08:15 AM - 08:30 AM: Case 2: GU Cancer
08:30 AM - 08:45 AM: Case 3: GI Cancer
08:45 AM - 09:00 AM: Case 4: Breast Cancer
09:00 AM - 10:30 AM: GI CANCER SESSION
09:00 AM - 09:30 AM: Colorectal cancer
09:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Hepatobiliary and pancreatic malignancies
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Upper GI cancer
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: BREAK
10:45 AM - 12:15 PM: BREAST CANCER SESSION
10:45 AM - 11:15 AM: Early-stage breast cancer
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM: Metastatic breast cancer 1 (hormone receptor-positive)
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM: Metastatic breast cancer 2 (HER2 +ve and triple-negative breast cancer)
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 11.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 11.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 11.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 11.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 11.00 Contact Hours.
POLICY ON INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE'S PARTICIPATION IN MARKETING/EDUCATION ACTIVITY AT THE CONFERENCE:
All marketing and product promotion activities must occur in the designated exhibit hall or product theater space separate from the area where this accredited continuing education takes place.
The exhibit and product promotion space is reserved only for companies that have purchased marketing and product promotion slots at the conference. The individual registration fee doesn't include marketing or product theater privileges. Please refer to the sponsorship handbook for the types of marketing activities included in your display/sponsorship fees.
If your company has NOT purchased a marketing opportunity such as an exhibit table, product theater slot or another type of marketing opportunity, you may not participate in any marketing activity or attempt to educate healthcare providers about your product or service. Industry attendees of companies without marketing opportunities must refrain from interacting with healthcare providers at this meeting in any form, including introducing themselves as an employee of the company, discussing the care of patients, handing out flyers and brochures, inviting participants to the company's other programs, etc.
Violating this policy will result in a fine equivalent to a general display fee for that conference.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting paying a full industry registration fee, BUT YOU PARTICIPATED IN MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is canceled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is canceled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity, including registration and participation in the live meeting.