2023 San Diego Hematology Oncology Conference
This CME-accredited oncology conference, 2023 San Diego Hematology Oncology Conference, is designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating clinicians involved in cancer care.
Expert faculty will provide a comprehensive overview of practice-changing abstracts presented at the 2023 ASCO® Annual Meeting (ASCO2023) in June 2023. The program includes in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in the field. Expert faculty will place abstract findings from ASCO2023 into clinical contexts and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care.
- Medical oncologists
- Hematologist oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Oncology residents/fellows
- Oncology NPs/PAs
- Oncology pharmacists
- Oncology nurses
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
- Discuss new and updated treatment options for patients with hematologic malignancies and solid tumors
- Identify side effects, indications, and contra-indications of therapies used to diagnose and treat cancers
- Explain how to effectively manage side-effects associated with cancer treatment
- Review abstracts presented at ASCO® 2023 and discuss their application in clinical settings
Conference Co-Chairs: Drs. Sandip Patel and Daneng Li
DAY 1 – July 22, 2023
All times are listed in Pacific Time (PT)
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:05 AM: Welcome - Sandip Patel, MD and Daneng Li, MD
08:05 – 08:15 AM: Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities - Binay Shah, MD
08:15 – 09:45 AM: SESSION 1 - HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIES SESSION
08:15 – 08:45 AM: MDS/Leukemias - James K. Mangan, MD, PhD
08:45 – 09:15 AM: Multiple Myeloma - Autumn Jeong, MD
09:15 – 09:45 AM: Lymphoma & CLL - Michael Choi, MD
09:45 – 10:00 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
10:00 – 11:00 AM: SESSION 2 - THORACIC ONCOLOGY SESSION
10:00 – 10:30 AM: Early-Stage Lung Cancer - Kathryn Gold, MD
10:30 – 11:00 AM: Metastatic Lung Cancer - Aditya Sarvaria, MD
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: SESSION 3 - CASE-BASED PRESENTATIONS
Speakers: Catherine Quinn, MD; Dong Xiang, MD; Xuan Ge, MD, PhD; Andy (Sew-Chung) Jang, MD; Jeffrey Velotta, MD
12:00 – 01:00 PM: LUNCH AND EXHIBITS
01:00 – 03:00 PM: SESSION 4 - GENERAL ONCOLOGY SESSION
01:00 – 01:30 PM: Sarcoma Updates - Janet Yoon, MD
01:30 – 02:00 PM: Brain Tumor Updates - Jana Portnow, MD
02:00 – 02:30 PM: Head Neck Cancer - Victoria Villaflor, MD
02:30 – 03:00 PM: Gynecologic Cancer - Pratibha Binder, MD
03:00 – 03:30 PM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
03:30 – 05:00 PM: SESSION 5 - GENITOURINARY CANCER SESSION
03:30 – 04:00 PM: Prostate Cancer - Tanya Dorff, MD
04:00 – 04:30 PM: Bladder Cancer - Abhishek Tripathi, MD
04:30 – 05:00 PM: Kidney Cancer - Rana Mckay, MD
DAY 2 – July 23, 2023
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:30 AM: SESSION 6 - SKIN CANCER
08:00 – 08:30 AM: Melanoma Update - Gregory Daniels, MD, PhD
08:30 – 09:00 AM: SESSION 7 - CASE-BASED PRESENTATIONS
Speakers: Hardeep Phull, MD; Soo Park, MD; Wei Bai, MD
09:00 – 10:30 AM: SESSION 8 - GI CANCER SESSION
09:00 – 09:30 AM: Colorectal Cancer - Marwan Fakih, MD
09:30 – 10:00 AM: Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Malignancies - Vincent Chung, MD
10:00 – 10:30 AM: Upper GI Cancer - Syma Iqbal, MD
10:30 – 10:45 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
10:45 AM – 12:15 PM: SESSION 9 - BREAST CANCER SESSION
10:45 – 11:15 AM: HER2 Positive - Sayeh Lavasani, MD
11:15 – 11:45 AM: Hormone Receptor Positive - Kay Yeung, MD, PhD
11:45 AM – 12:15 PM: Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Yuan Yuan, MD, PhD
12:15 PM: ADJOURN
Hotel room reservation
A limited number of guestrooms are reserved at the Hyatt Regency Mission bay for the participants of this meeting at a discounted rate of $389 per night. The room rate doesn't include the discounted resort fee of $20/night and any applicable taxes.
CUTOFF - Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Please use the link below to reserve your room for the discounted rate. The rate is good through Wednesday, June 21, 2023.
Please cancel your room reservation 72 hours before arrival date to avoid being charged for one night.
The hotel is offering a discounted event parking of $10/day for self-parking and $15/day for Valet parking. The overnight parking is discounted to $35/night.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This activity is supported with an independent medical education grant from the following companies:
- 11.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 11.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 11.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 11.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 11.00 Contact Hours.
POLICY ON INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE'S PARTICIPATION IN MARKETING/EDUCATION ACTIVITY AT THE CONFERENCE:
All marketing and product promotion activities must occur in the designated exhibit hall or product theater space separate from the area where this accredited continuing education takes place.
The exhibit and product promotion space is reserved only for companies that have purchased marketing and product promotion slots at the conference. The individual registration fee doesn't include marketing or product theater privileges. Please refer to the sponsorship handbook for the types of marketing activities included in your display/sponsorship fees.
If your company has NOT purchased a marketing opportunity such as an exhibit table, product theater slot or another type of marketing opportunity, you may not participate in any marketing activity or attempt to educate healthcare providers about your product or service. Industry attendees of companies without marketing opportunities must refrain from interacting with healthcare providers at this meeting in any form, including introducing themselves as an employee of the company, discussing the care of patients, handing out flyers and brochures, inviting participants to the company's other programs, etc.
Violating this policy will result in a fine equivalent to a general display fee for that conference.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting paying a full industry registration fee, BUT YOU PARTICIPATED IN MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is canceled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is canceled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity, including registration and participation in the live meeting.