Iowa Hematology Oncology Conference: Emphasis on Precision-Guided Management
The "Iowa Hematology Oncology Conference: Emphasis on Precision-Guided Management" is an accredited continuous education to improve the care of cancer patients by educating cancer care providers about precision-guided management in hematology and oncology. Regional and national experts in the field will share comprehensive insights into the actionable molecular variations seen in common cancers. The event's format is tailored to promote active learning, enhance knowledge retention, and encourage practitioners to apply fresh insights into their clinical routines. Through didactics, case-centric discussions, and lively Q&A sessions, attendees can gain clarity, address uncertainties, and interact with hematology and oncology experts. This conference aims to provide physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with the latest updates in precision-guided management in hematology and oncology. It will highlight a multidisciplinary approach and the integration of new advances in patient-centered care.
- Hematologists/ Oncologists
- Oncology Fellows
- Researchers and others
Binay Shah, MD, MHA - Binaytara Foundation
Vishal Vashistha, MD - US Department of Veterans Affairs
Bilal Rahim, MD - University of Iowa
Kartik Anand, MD - Mission Cancer+Blood
Amy Raedeker, ARNP - Mission Cancer+Blood
Maddie Koppin, PharmD - Mission Cancer+Blood
Booking link coming soon ...
- Review common molecular abnormalities in various cancers and the optimal timing to test for these abnormalities.
- Interpret the findings from next-generation sequencing and other biomarkers that indicate the likelihood of response to specific therapies while also understanding the inherent challenges.
- Apply optimal strategies centered on molecular-targeted treatments in the management of patients with cancer.
- Summarize emerging research, the mechanism of action, and the significance of new molecular-targeted treatments in managing cancer patients.
GLOBAL ONCOLOGY PROJECT
To learn more about our ongoing project building a 200-bed cancer hospital in Nepal:
March 23rd, 2024
All times are listed in Central Time (CT)
07:00 AM – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 AM – 08:05 AM: Welcome
08:05AM – 08:25 AM: Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities- Binay Shah, MD, MHA
08:25 AM – 09:10 AM: SESSION 1 - PRECISION ONCOLOGY – GENERAL CONCEPTS
08:25 AM – 08:40 AM: Solid Tumor Genomic Testing - Vishal Vashistha, MD
08:40 AM – 08:55 AM: Liquid Biopsy
08:55 AM – 09:10 AM: Q and A
09:10 AM – 10:10 AM: SESSION 2 - GI ONCOLOGY
09:10 AM – 09:25 AM: Keynote Lecture
09:25 AM – 10:10 AM: Panel Discussion - Chandrikha Chandrasekharan, MBBS
10:10 AM – 10:30 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: SESSION 3 - BREAST CANCER
10:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Genomics in Breast Cancer - Sneha Phadke, DO, MPH
10:45 AM – 11:30 AM: Panel Discussion
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: LUNCH AND EXHIBITS
12:30 – 01:30 PM: SESSION 4 - GU ONCOLOGY
12:30 PM – 12:45 PM: Keynote Speech - Yousef Zakharia, MD
12:45 PM – 01:30 PM: Panel Discussion - Bilal Rahim, MD
01:30 PM – 02:30 PM: SESSION 5 - LUNG CANCER
01:30 PM – 01:45 PM: Keynote Speech - Muhammad Furqan, MD
01:45 PM – 02:30 PM: Panel Discussion
02:30 PM – 03:00 PM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
03:00 PM – 04:15 PM: SESSION 6 - HEMATOLOGY
03:00 PM – 03:15 PM: Multiple Myeloma - Christopher Strouse, MD
03:15 PM – 03:30 PM: Myeloid Disorders
03:30 PM - 03:45 PM: CLL - Eric Mou, MD
03:45 PM – 04:15 PM: Case-Based Presentation
04:15 PM - 04:20 PM: Adjourn
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 6.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 6.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 6.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 6.00 Contact Hours.
POLICY ON INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE'S PARTICIPATION IN MARKETING/EDUCATION ACTIVITY AT THE CONFERENCE:
All marketing and product promotion activities must occur in the designated exhibit hall or product theater space separate from the area where this accredited continuing education takes place.
The exhibit and product promotion space is reserved only for companies that have purchased marketing and product promotion slots at the conference. The individual registration fee doesn't include marketing or product theater privileges. Please refer to the sponsorship handbook for the types of marketing activities included in your display/sponsorship fees.
If your company has NOT purchased a marketing opportunity such as an exhibit table, product theater slot or another type of marketing opportunity, you may not participate in any marketing activity or attempt to educate healthcare providers about your product or service. Industry attendees of companies without marketing opportunities must refrain from interacting with healthcare providers at this meeting in any form, including introducing themselves as an employee of the company, discussing the care of patients, handing out flyers and brochures, inviting participants to the company's other programs, etc.
Violating this policy will result in a fine equivalent to a general display fee for that conference.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting paying a full industry registration fee, BUT YOU PARTICIPATED IN MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is canceled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is canceled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity, including registration and participation in the live meeting.