2023 Cancer Immunotherapy Summit: Everything, Everywhere, All At Once of Cancer Immunotherapy
This CME-accredited conference, "2023 Cancer Immunotherapy Summit: Everything, Everywhere, All At Once of Cancer Immunotherapy" features leading experts in the field who will provide a comprehensive overview of current and emerging strategies to integrate immunotherapy in the management of cancers. These experts will offer their insights on mechanisms of immunotherapy toxicity, host factors regulating efficacy and resistance, and neoadjuvant immunotherapy, all in the pursuit of improving patient outcomes. This activity aims to enhance learners' knowledge and competence to apply practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to incorporate immunotherapy and optimize clinical outcomes for cancer patients. The oncology conference will use a mix of didactic lectures and case-based panel discussions to highlight areas of debate in the field of immuno-oncology. Expert faculty will aim to place the role of different therapeutic agents in a clinical context and discuss how to utilize these therapeutic options to contribute effectively to patient care.
- Review mechanisms of action of currently approved and emerging immunotherapies
- Review indications and outcomes of approved immunotherapies.
- Identify and manage complications of immunotherapies.
- State the financial, physical, and other barriers, and review strategies to navigate these factors to optimize the management of patients with immunotherapies.
- Discuss novel neoadjuvant and adoptive therapies in the management of cancers.
- Incorporate biomarkers in the management plan of cancers.
Conference Chair: Shailender Bhatia, MD
DAY 1 – September 22, 2023
All times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
02:00 PM – 03:00 PM REGISTRATION, NETWORKING, EXHIBITS
03:00 PM – 03:10 PM Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities - Binay Shah, MD, MHA
03:10 PM – 05:55 PM SESSION 1 – IMMUNOTHERAPY MODALITIES: MECHANISMS OF ACTION
Session Chair: Shailender Bhatia, MD
03:10 PM - 03:15 PM Welcome and Pre Test
03:15 PM - 03:40 PM Immune-Checkpoint Inhibitors: Old and New - Adil Daud, MD
03:40 PM - 04:05 PM Adoptive T-Cell Therapy: What is on the Horizon? - Aude Chapuis, MD
04:05 PM - 04:30 PM Repurposing Radiation Therapy for Immune Stimulation - Peter Goff, MD, PhD
04:30 PM - 04:55 PM Harnessing Innate Immunity (NK cells, TLRs, MDSCs etc..) - Kevin Barry, PhD
04:55 PM - 05:00 PM Post-test
05:00 PM - 05:55 PM Panel Discussion: Financial Toxicity of IO Agents and Access to Cellular Therapy - Nathanael Gay, MD; Hiba Khan, MD, MPH; Raj Rajendra, MD
DAY 2 - September 23, 2023
07:00 AM - 7:55 AM REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 AM - 10:00 AM SESSION 2 – UPDATES IN CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY (PART 1)
Session Chair: Kelly Paulson, MD, PhD
08:00 AM - 08:10 AM Welcome and Pre-Test
08:10 AM - 08:35 AM Skin Cancers (Melanoma and Non-Melanoma) - Diwakar Davar, MD
08:35 AM - 09:00 AM Lung Cancer - Smitha Menon, MD
09:00 AM - 09:25 AM Women's Cancers (Breast, Gynecologic Malignancies) - Kalyan Banda, MD
09:25 AM - 09:30 AM: Post-test
09:30 AM - 10:00 AM Panel Discussion: Duration of ICI Therapy in Responding to Patients - Sid Devarakonda, MBBS, MD; Paul White, MD
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM BREAK, EXHIBITS, NETWORKING
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM SESSION 3 – IMMUNOTHERAPY BIOMARKERS
Session Chair: Shailender Bhatia, MD
10:30 AM - 10:35 AM Pre-test
10:35 AM - 11:00 AM PD-L1, TILS, and Other Immune-Related Biomarkers - Kartik Sehgal, MD
11:00 AM - 11:25 AM Microbiome - Diwakar Davar, MD
11:25 AM - 11:50 AM TMB - Vera Paulson, MD, PhD
11:50 AM - 12:00 PM Post-test
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM LUNCH, EXHIBITS, NETWORKING
01:00 PM - 01:45 PM KEYNOTE LECTURE - Cancer Vaccines: The Future is Bright - Nora Disis, MD
01:45 PM - 02:45 PM SESSION 4 – UPDATES IN CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY (PART 2)
Session Chair: Shailender Bhatia, MD
01:45 PM - 01:50 PM Pre-test
01:50 PM - 02:15 PM Urothelial Cancer - Sandy Srinivas, MD
02:15 PM - 02:40 PM Renal Cell Carcinoma - Scott Tykodi, MD, PhD
02:40 PM - 02:45 PM Post-test
02:45 PM - 03:15 PM BREAK & EXHIBITS
03:15 PM - 05:45 PM SESSION 5 – IMMUNE-RELATED ADVERSE EVENTS
Session Chair: John Thompson, MD
03:15 PM - 03:20 PM Pre-test
03:20 PM - 03:45 PM Colitis - Yinghong Wang, MD, PhD, MS
03:45 PM - 04:10 PM Rheumatologic Toxicities - Namrata Singh, MD, MSCI, FACP
04:10 PM - 04:35 PM Nephritis - Abbal Koirala, MD
04:35 PM - 05:00 PM Dermatologic Toxicities - Ata Moshiri, MD, MPH
05:00 PM - 05:05 PM Post-test
05:05 PM - 05:45 PM Panel Discussion: Use of ICIs in Pre-Existing Autoimmunity/Organ Transplant/Prior IRAEs - Lei Deng, MD; Joe Rosales, MD
05:45 PM - 05:50 PM Concluding Remarks
A limited number of rooms have been booked for the attendees and faculty of this meeting at the Coeur d'Alene Resort at the discounted rate listed below. Please call into the Resort's reservations department at 888-965-6542, mention Binaytara, and make your room reservations.
The Coeur d'Alene Resort offers a shuttle from/to the Spokane airport for $79 per person round-trip. Please call the hotel to make a reservation.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
- 10.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 10.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 10.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 10.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 10.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 10.50 Contact Hours.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.