Best of ASCO 2023, Minneapolis
This CME-accredited oncology conference, Best of ASCO 2023, Minneapolis, is designed to improve the care of cancer patients by educating clinicians involved in cancer care.
Expert faculty will provide a comprehensive overview of practice-changing abstracts presented at the 2023 ASCO® Annual Meeting (ASCO2023) in June 2023. The program includes in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in the field. Expert faculty will place abstract findings from ASCO2023 into clinical contexts and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care.
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Oncology residents/fellows
- Oncology NPs/PAs
- Oncology pharmacists
- Oncology nurses
A limited number of rooms have been booked at the Hyatt Regency- Bloomington Minneapolis for participants of this meeting at a discounted room rate of $149/night for the standard rooms. Individual Reservations must be made no later than July 21, 2023. Please get in touch with reservations directly at (800) 233-1234.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss new and updated treatment options for patients with hematologic malignancies and solid tumors
- Identify side effects, indications, and contra-indications of therapies used to diagnose and treat cancers
- Explain how to effectively manage side effects associated with cancer treatment
- Review abstracts presented at ASCO® 2023 and discuss their application in clinical settings
Conference Co-Chairs: Dr. Shaji Kumar & Siddhartha Yadav, MD, MBBS
DAY 1 – August 12, 2023
All times are listed in Central Daylight Time (CDT)
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:05 AM: Welcome - Shaji Kumar, MD
08:05 – 08:15 AM: Binaytara Foundation's Efforts in Improving Cancer Care Disparities - Binay Shah, MD
08:15 – 09:45 AM: SESSION 1 - HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIES
Moderator: Shaji Kumar, MD
08:15 – 08:45 AM: Multiple Myeloma - Prashant Kapoor, MD
08:45 – 09:15 AM: Lymphoma & CLL - Parameswaran Venugopal, MD
09:15 – 09:45 AM: Q & A
09:45 – 10:30 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
Industry Sponsored Symposium Sponsored by Exelixis in Waterford Room
Presentation Title: A Combination Treatment for Patients with Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
Speaker: John Berry, MD | Loyola MacNeal Cancer Center
This program is not part of the CME activity.
10:30 – 11:30 AM: SESSION 2 - THORACIC ONCOLOGY
Moderator: Dipesh Uprety, MD, FACP
10:30 – 11:00 AM: Early-Stage Lung Cancer - Julian R. Molina, MD, PhD
11:00 – 11:30 AM: Metastatic Lung Cancer - Robert Kratzke MD
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM: SESSION 3 - CASE-BASED PRESENTATIONS
Moderator: Shaji Kumar, MD
Marissa Li, MD
12:15 – 01:15 PM: LUNCH AND EXHIBITS
12:30 PM to 1:15 PM – Industry Sponsored Symposium Sponsored by Stemline Therapeutics in Waterford Room
Presentation Title: The first and Only Therapy Indicated for ER+/HER2- ESR1 mutated mBC Following at Least One Line of Endocrine Therapy
Speaker: Anne O'Dea, MD / University of Kansas Medical Center (UKMC)
This program is not part of the CME Activity
01:15 – 03:15 PM: SESSION 4 - GENERAL ONCOLOGY
Moderator: Thanh Ho, MD
01:15 – 01:45 PM: Gynecologic Cancer - Andrea Wahner Hendrickson, MD
01:45 – 02:15 PM: Brain Tumor Updates - Manmeet S. Ahluwalia, MD, MBA
02:15 – 02:45 PM: Head Neck Cancer - Katharine A. Price, MD
02:45 – 03:15 PM: Sarcoma Updates - Brittany Siontis, MD
03:15 – 03:45 PM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
03:45 – 05:00 PM: SESSION 5 - GENERAL ONCOLOGY
Moderator: Justin Hwang, PhD
03:45 – 04:15 PM: Prostate Cancer - Ulka Vaishampayan, MD
04:15 – 04:45 PM: Early-Stage Breast Cancer - Siddhartha Yadav, MD, MBBS
04:45 – 05:00 PM: Cased-Based Discussion - Sarah Premji, MD
DAY 2 – August 13, 2023
07:00 – 08:00 AM: REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST, EXHIBITS
08:00 – 08:30 AM: SESSION 6 - SKIN CANCER
Moderator: Siddhartha Yadav, MD
08:00 – 08:30 AM: Melanoma Update - Arkadiusz Z. Dudek, MD, PhD
08:30 – 10:00 AM: SESSION 7 - GI CANCER
Moderator: Ajay Prakash MD, PhD
08:30 – 09:00 AM: Colorectal Cancer - Joleen Hubbard, MD
09:00 – 09:30 AM: Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Malignancies - Robert McWilliams, MD
09:30 – 10:00 AM: Upper GI Cancer - Anup Kasi, MD, MPH
10:00 – 10:15 AM: BREAK AND EXHIBITS
10:15 – 11:45 AM: SESSION 8 - BREAST CANCER
Moderator: Yang Liu, MD
10:15 – 10:45 AM: Metastatic Breast Cancer 1 (Hormone Receptor-Positive) - David Potter, MD, PhD
10:45 – 11:15 AM: Metastatic Breast Cancer 2 (HER2+ve and Triple-Negative Breast Cancer) - Roberto Leon-Ferre, MD
11:15- 11:45 AM: Bladder and Kidney Cancer - Nicholas Zorko, MD, PhD
11: 45 AM- 12:45 PM: SESSION 9 - LUNCH & CASE-BASED PRESENTATIONS
Moderator: Siddhartha Yadav, MD, MBBS
Binav Baral, MBBS; Dhauna Karam, MD; Aparna Basu, MD
A limited number of rooms have been booked at the Hyatt Regency Bloomington for participants of this meeting at a discounted room rate of $149/night for the standard rooms.
Individual Reservations must be made no later than July 21, 2023. If Guestrooms are available after the cut-off date, they will be offered the Best Available Rate. Check in time is 3:00 p.m. and check out time is 11:00 a.m.
Link to book your hotel room - https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/
Individual Call In – Please contact reservations direct at (800) 233-1234.
Once an individual reservation has been made, any changes should be made directly with our Group Reservations Department. A credit card number or one night’s advance deposit will be required to secure a room out of this block. Cancellations must be received 72 hours before arrival or one night’s room, and tax will be assessed. Upon check-in, a $100 pre-authorized hold will be charged to the credit card.
If reservation is booked on behalf of another person(s), please contact the hotel directly to submit a signed credit card form to authorize payment.
The hotel will provide complimentary shuttle to/from Mall of America & the Minneapolis Airport to the attendees of this meeting.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This activity is supported with an independent medical education grant from the following companies:
- Novocure, Inc.
- 11.00 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 11.00 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 11.00 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 11.00 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 11.00 Contact Hours.
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.