Highlights from SABCS 2022
Management of breast cancer is rapidly evolving. A number of potentially practice-changing abstracts are expected to be presented during the 2022 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS 2022) in December, 2022. At this in-person oncology conference held in Seattle, Highlights from SABCS 2022, expert faculty will place abstract findings from the SABCS 2022 annual meeting into clinical context and discuss how the results may change the current standard of care for breast cancer patients.
- Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Review potentially practice-changing abstracts presented at the 2022 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium and discuss their application in clinical settings.
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials that have influenced the changes in standards of care in breast cancer
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies that impact breast cancer management.
- Integrate emerging evidence into treatment paradigms for the treatment of patients with breast cancer
- Individualize management of early-stage or advanced breast cancer patients based on emerging data from clinical trials and evolving expert guidelines.
January 20th, 2023
4:00- 5:30 PM: Registration
5:50- 6:00 PM: Opening Remarks by Dr. Yan
06:00-08:30 PM: Dinner and Case-based Discussions- Danielle File, MD, Hiba Khan, MD, MPH
Moderator: Michaela L. Tsai, M.D.
Topics: Clinical Controversies in Breast Cancer Management & Duration and Management of Endocrine Therapy
January 21st, 2023
7:00 -7:55 AM: Registration/Exhibits/Breakfast
08:00 – 08:10 AM: Opening Remarks by Dr. Shah
Moderator: Nancy Davidson, MD
08:10 – 08:40 AM: HER2- Low: Pathology Review - Elizabeth U. Parker, MD
08:40 – 09:10 AM: HER2-Low: A Separate Entity- Jennifer Specht, MD
09:10 –09:40 AM: Antibody Drug Conjugates: Future Directions and Opportunities- David B. Page, MD
09:40 – 10:00 AM: Case discussion, Q&A. HER2-Low case- Nanette Robinson, MD
10:00 – 10:10 AM: Break & Exhibits
Moderator: Tanya Wahl, MD
10:10 – 10:40 AM: ER+ Breast Cancer: Past, Present, and Future. Hannah Linden, MD
10:40 – 11:10 AM: HER2+ Updates and Leads for the Future – (Neo)/Adjuvant and Advanced Settings- William Gwin III., MD
11:10 – 11:40 AM: Advances in Approaches to Triple Negative Breast Cancer- Christos Vaklavas, M.D.
11:40 AM-12:00 PM: Case discussion on POSITIVE Trial - Poorni Manohar, MD
12:00 – 01:00 PM: Lunch & Exhibits
Moderator: Amber Post, MD
01:00 – 01:30 PM: Challenging the Historic Locoregional Therapy while Improving Quality of Life- Janice Kim, MD
01:30 – 02:00 PM: State of the Art Radiotherapy: Increasing Options through hypofractionation and Reducing Toxicity- Astrid Morris, MD
02:00 – 02:30 PM: Local Surgical Therapy - Best Breast Practice- Kristine Calhoun, MD
02:30 – 03:30 PM: Case Discussions, Q&A. Ying Zhuo, MD, Wendy Wang MD, PhD, Natalie Uy, MD
03:30 PM Adjourn
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Grand Hyatt Seattle for participants of the Highlights from the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS22). Please reserve your room by Friday, December 30, 2022, for the discounted rate listed below.
Link to book your hotel room - https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/SEAGH/G-SABC
NO SHOW POLICY:
In the event that a guest does not check into their room on the first night of their reservation, this will be considered a “no show”. Client understands that a no show room is released at midnight for all remaining days of the reservation. Reinstatement of the reservation will be based on hotel availability and cannot be guaranteed. All no shows will be charged a fee of one night’s room and tax to the method of payment used to guarantee the reservation (individual credit card or group master account).
All individual reservations must be guaranteed by credit card when making the reservation. To avoid cancellation fees, guestsmay cancel their reservation by 4pm PST 24 hours prior to their arrival. Guaranteed reservations not cancelled within the 24 hours prior to arrival will be billed to the guest or Group, as appropriate.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
All conflict of interest has been identified and mitigated for individuals in control of contents.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Hannah Linden MD: has a financial relationship (Research support/Grant) with GE; has a financial relationship (Research support/Grant) with Sanofi; has a financial relationship (Research support/Grant) with Veru; has a financial relationship (Research support/Grant) with Zeno; has a financial relationship (Research support/Grant) with Tolmar.
Janice Kim, MD
Fengting Yan, MD
Nancy Davidson, MD
Amber Post, MD PhD
Michaela Tsai, MD
Tanya Wahl, Medical Oncologist, Medical Director Providence Swedish Cancer Institute Issaquah
Angelena Crown, MD
Janice Kim, MD
Xiaowen Wang, MD, PhD
Fengting Yan, MD
Kristine Calhoun, MD
Danielle File, MD
Hiba Khan, MD, MPH
Poorni Manohar, MD
David Page, MD
Elizabeth Parker, MD
Nanette Robinson, M.D.
Jennifer Specht, MD
Christos Vaklavas, M.D., Associate Professor
Fengting Yan, MD
Ying Zhuo, MD
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This activity is supported by an independent medical education grant from the following companies:
- Gilead Sciences
- Exact Sciences.
- 8.50 ABIM MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 8.50 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 8.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Binaytara Foundation is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Binaytara Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria for up to 8.50 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
- 8.50 Nursing Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP17035, for 8.50 Contact Hours.
Physicians (non-industry) - $300
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $200
Fellows & residents - $150
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.