BTF Northwest Women’s Cancer Conference
The “BTF Northwest Women’s Cancer Conference” is a CME-accredited activity featuring experts in breast cancer and gynecologic malignancies. The goal of this activity is to improve the knowledge and competence of learners to apply practice-changing clinical data and expert recommendations to optimize clinical outcomes for patients with breast cancer and gynecologic malignancies. The program features in-depth discussion and analysis of the latest scientific findings and practice-changing advances in the field. Expert faculty will aim to place the role of different therapeutic agents in the clinical context and discuss how to utilize these therapeutic options to effectively contribute to patient care.
This women's cancer conference will augment healthcare providers’ foundation of knowledge and clinical competence in the management of women’s cancers.
- Audience response system
- Core competencies covered include patient care/patient-centered care, medical knowledge, system-based practice, and practice-based learning and improvement.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and interact with faculties
- Program topics are clinically relevant and can immediately be applied to clinical practice.
- Medical Oncologists
- Surgical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Gynecological Oncologists
- Oncology Fellows
- Oncology Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Oncology Pharmacists
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the study design and primary endpoints of recently reported and ongoing clinical trials evaluating novel strategies for the management of women’s cancers
- Review frequent molecular abnormalities in women’s cancers, and appropriate timing of testing to detect these abnormalities.
- Integrate emerging evidence in precision oncology into treatment paradigms for the treatment of women’s cancer.
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy profiles of novel therapeutic strategies in the management of women’s cancers
07:00 AM - 08:00 AM: Breakfast/Registration/Exhibits
08:00 AM - 08:15 AM: Opening remarks
08:15 AM - 09:15 AM: SESSION 1: Loco-regional therapy in breast cancer
8:15 AM - 8.35 AM: Breast cancer surgery update - Dr. Laura Lazarus
8.35 AM - 8:55 AM: Breast cancer radiation oncology update
8:55 AM - 9:15 AM: Case-based discussion (1 case) - Dr. Angelena Crown
09:15 AM - 10:30 AM: SESSION 2: HER2- breast cancer
Moderator: Dr. Alison Conlin
09:15 AM - 9:35 AM: Updates in the management of ER+/HER2- breast cancer
09:35 AM - 9:55 AM: Systemic therapy strategies in triple-negative breast cancer - Dr. Sasha Stanton
09:55 AM - 10:30 AM: Case-based discussion (2 cases) - Dr. Vicky Lee and Dr. Wendy Wang
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Break & Exhibits
11:00 AM: - 12:15 PM: SESSION 3: HER2+ breast cancer and Precision Oncology
Moderator: Dr. Sara Matar
11:00 AM - 11:20 AM: New therapeutic strategies in HER2-positive breast cancer - Dr. Zahi Mitri
11:20 AM - 11:40 AM: Precision Oncology in breast cancer (Tumor-germline sequencing/CtDNA and other molecular guided therapies) - Dr. Siddhartha Yadav
11:40 AM - 12:15 AM: Case-based discussion (2 cases) - Dr. Nora Bucher and Dr. Bo Wang
12:15 PM - 01:15 PM: Lunch & Exhibits
01:15 PM - 3:00 PM: SESSION 4: Gynecological Cancer Session
01:15 PM - 01:35 PM Ovarian cancer update
01:35 PM - 01:55 PM Uterine cancer, Cervical cancer update - Dr. Kalyan Banda
01:55 PM - 02:15 PM Gynecologic cancer radiation oncology update
02:15 PM - 03:00 PM Case-based discussion (3 cases)
3:00 PM Adjourn
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for the attendees of this conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Portland at the discounted rate of $159 per night. Please call 503-281-6111 to book a room.
Reservation deadline: August 7, 2022
Book your hotel room here.
The Doubletree by Hilton Portland has the largest on-site parking structure in the city; attendees will appreciate the
the convenience of parking on-site in an affordable, secure garage. The current rate is as follows (subject to change):
- Overnight parking with in-and-out privileges is $27 per night
- Day parking is $5.50 per hour with a maximum of $27 per day
The Doubletree by Hilton Portland is 9 miles away from the Portland International Airport.
Light Rail Service - There is a Light Rail from the airport to downtown that stops a block from the DoubleTree by Hilton. One way adult fare is $2.50.
PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
None of the members of the planning committee, nor any member of their immediate families, have a relevant financial interest in or affiliation with any commercial supporter of this educational activity and/or with the manufacturer(s) of commercial products and/or providers of any commercial services discussed in this educational activity.
Accreditation information coming soon.....
Early-bird registration ends September 1st, 2022.
Physicians (non-industry) - $200
Non-physician HCP (non-industry) - $75
Industry representatives - $850
NOTICE TO HCPS EMPLOYED BY THE INDUSTRY:
If you are employed by industry, including pharmaceuticals and biotech companies, you must pay the INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE to participate in any meeting organized by the Binaytara Foundation. If you misrepresented yourself as a healthcare provider not employed by the industry and failed to pay the Industry registration fee, the following fees apply:
- If your company has purchased a display table at the event, you will be billed the full INDUSTRY REGISTRATION FEE plus a fine equivalent to the full industry registration fee for that event = 2 X the industry registration fee.
- If your company has NOT purchased a display table at the event AND you attended the meeting without paying a full industry registration fee, you will be billed a full GENERAL DISPLAY FEE for that event.
Any outstanding display fee, registration fee, and fines must be paid before the industry employee or the company will be able to attend/display at our conferences again.
You may cancel your enrollment at any time. Cancellation fees apply as below:
- 50% of the paid registration fee will be refunded if registration is cancelled six weeks before the conference.
- No refunds will be issued if registration is cancelled after that date.
No credits will be offered if you do not complete all required steps of this activity which include registration, participation in the live activity, and completion of pre & post tests as well as course evaluations.